Thursday, March 22, 2012

more pooh from the palace...

I feel so blessed that I have a husband who is ok with letting me stay home during the day with the kids but it is no walk in the park like some people envision.  Mr. Graham Wesley is testing my patience from every possible angle there is.  Kamryn is still a sweetheart but she is definitely starting to show some attitude.  When she doesn't get her way, she grunts and growls at me.  She clenches her teeth and her fist and shakes...and growls.  I can't get mad about that because I did the SAME thing once upon a time!

Graham is doing a terrible job of listening lately.  He cannot stand to not constantly be heard while I am trying to have a conversation with someone else.  Instead of patiently waiting for a lull in the conversation,  he butts right in.  Because of his obsession with drums, EVERYTHING is a drum so he is constantly trying to drum on something or play some other instrument be it real or imaginary. 

Potty training is a work in progress.  We are not forcing the issue because I know he will not do it until HE wants to.  We have been forming a habit of going potty in his big boy body before he gets into his bath.  He has been consistant in going potty!!!  Tonight was epic!  He went before getting into the tub but afterwards after drying off, he went to his room then ran back in saying, "MOMMY, I HAVE TO GO POTTY!"  He ran in and sat down....sure enough he pottied!  Then he got a look on his face like he was trying to pass gas, then PLOP!  It sounded like he pooped but I was not sure.  He got up, stuck his head in the toilet, "LOOK it is a 'rock poop!'  I pooped!  That's so silly!!!"     lol, oh my gosh it was priceless :)

Getting him to sleep whether it is a nap or bedtime....just about takes an act of Congress to do so!  Tonight I fed Kamryn and laid her in her crib then read Graham a couple books.  When I left and told him good night, neither one was asleep but Kamryn is great about putting herself to sleep and Graham, well I knew he wasn't going to sleep immediatley.  I start getting ready for bed and turn the monitor on.  Occassionally, I was hearing a banging noise.  I didn't do anything b/c some times he hits his foot against the bed rail or taps on the head board.  After awhile I thought it sounded a little different.  I walked in the room and thought Kamryn was rolling around so I walked over to her crib and BAM!  Graham grabbed my feet!  Hallejluaia holy crap!  If I didn't about piss my pants...the little @#$* was under her crib!  He had hauled a blanket, his pillow, and some stuffed animals under there like he was going to campout!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Since that episode, it has been a little quieter but I am waiting to hear/see what happens in a little bit.  Will he come up with something else or actually sleep?

The journey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment