Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Prescott Update

Time is flying by too fast!  I know that is so cliche' but it's the truth.  Kamryn is days away from being 11 months old.  Last week she took her first steps and they were not walking steps. I thought at first that it was a fluke but she has done this 3 or 4 times since then.  She runs in place and then kind jogs a couple steps, then she is done :)  I can't catch it on video either which is sad.  She is saying "hi" and "thank you."  She says mama and daddy also.  Whenever I hand her a bottle or snack...she says "ank ew"......that is close enough for me!  When we talk to people on the phone she grabs the phone and holds it to her ear and says "HI-eye-eeeeeee"  It is a long pronounced hi and I love it :)  In the mornings, I walk into the kids' room and she is standing in her crib and ready to greet me with a high pitched, "HI-eye-eeeeee!" 

Graham loves Kamryn to pieces!  He is a good big brother...has his moments but for the most part is good with her.  Graham is so excited for preschool next school year.  We keep telling him that the only way he gets to go to school is if he is potty trained.  He has been doing a great job from about 5pm on as far as going potty in the "big boy potty(BBP).  During the day he is too busy for that idea.  He has started his mornings a few times lately, by going to the "BBP."  Last weekend while Gabe was at work, Saturday night I took the kids to church.  As we walked in to the church, I pointed out the window to the preschool room and Graham said, "I get to go to preschool now because I just went potty on the big boy potty!!"  He is not quite understanding that we mean he needs to go in the BBP at all times :)

Gabe is loving the NCRA!  He has a great crew to work with and his schedule is really pretty good.  Fortunately, he works nights for two weeks and then switches over to days for two weeks as opposed to switching between the two during the week.  Recently, we decided it was be helpful to have a shed in our backyard.  After lots of research we decided that instead of buying a shed pre fabricated that we would build one ourselves.  Let me rephrase that...GABE would build it :)  He has it all framed right now and it is looking great!  It will be so nice to get alot of stuff out of our garage!  Aside from that project, he is also busy mowing yards.  I miss helping with our yard jobs but it is hard right now with the kids so little.


As for me, I made a minor career change.  For 7 years now I have been employed by the Hess Fitness Center at our hospital.  I loved the job and the people but it was time for me to give something up.  I was getting tired of working here, there, and everywhere.  I'm working at the YMCA now and have been for over 2 years.  I really enjoy it.  At the end of April, I went to Leavenworth Kansas for a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate Course.  Great experience!  I had the honor of working with Lindsey Smith, a CF Games competitor.  She helped me figure out how to kip my pull-ups!  I strung 4 reps together!  Since then, I have worked on them but it hasn't felt as easy.  I got to teach five classes last Friday and loved it!  It will take time for me to settle in to my style with the sport of fitness.  It's good stuff!   Has definintely changed my life for the better.  I have 6 kids that I work with one-on-one for basketball so that keeps me busy also.  I feel so blessed to stay home with the kids quite often but still get to work at jobs I love and enjoy!
Let the journey continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment