Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Growing like weeds....precious weeds of course...

Unfortunately, I let the busy basketball season get in my way of posting updates on the kids.  They are growing up so fast and I know that sounds so cliche' but it is what it is.  Both are so alike yet so different.  They seem to be going through a period where they are very defiant, picky eaters which hasn't always been the case, and are developing their language.  Graham is using big words for a three year old...in my opinion...and doing so in context.  It amazes me the things he remembers from books or movies or conversations we have had.  Kamryn, is trying so hard to talk!  She has made huge improvements and is saying quite abit now.  We understand her better than anyone b/c we are around her more but those are that are around her more and more have told me that they are starting to pick up on what she is saying also.  She has such a sense of humor!  Her expressions are so animated....smile so contagious!  I promise I am not making this up or forcing her to do so, but I really think she likes basketball!  Today, while Graham attended his first swimming lesson, Kamryn and I played with a basketball in the gym.  After we left the gym, she went running past me down the hall of the YMCA saying, "Nice hustle!.....hustle, hustle, hustle, hustle!"  I love it!  She obviously is too little to dribble or shoot yet so anytime she runs towards a ball, I tell her to hustle!  Apparantly, she has been paying attention :)  Kamryn absolutely loves to play outside!!!  No matter what kind of weather we have, she wants to be outside!  She likes to attempt to ride Graham's old tricycle.  For Christmas we bought them a convertible car, motorized car.  Seeing the two of them ride around together is so fun!  Graham is the driver and Kamryn is his passenger.  They have had a lot of fun with it!
Graham is still enjoying preschool and CrossFit Kids!  We held off putting him in soccer this Spring.  Lately, we have had a lot of trouble getting him to listen.  He is very independent with his thinking!  Hopefully, this is a phase....that passes....sooner than later!
Well, I realize this was a brief update but I am tired and ready to call it a day....until next time...the journey continues :)

No comments:

Post a Comment