Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Rainy day...

Howdy!
Let me start by saying, this day has not lacked for any dull moments!  I am going to post a few videos to explain what I mean.

Story of the day:
I got home from work and Gabe had fed the kids lunch.  Kamryn was down for a nap and Graham was downstairs playing.  Gabe is on nights this week so he wanted to try and catch a nap before he went to work.  I decided to make myself a big salad for lunch!  I sat my salad down on the table along with my glass of water and all of a sudden "BOOM!!"  Excuse my french, but my ass flew out of the chair and down the stairs so stinkin fast that I am not sure I even touched all the steps!  "Gabe!  OMG I think we are being bombed...or shot at! Holy Shit !!  Did you hear that?!?"  (when Graham is saying holy shit tomorrow, I have no one but myself to blame)
He is lying on the couch, "yeah, I thought you dropped something??"
Me:  "No I didn't drop anything!  I think someone is in our garage or something I don't know!"

So we head upstairs...he opens our door leading out to the garage and we saw that our garage door was still open.  We are both looking around and I decide to walk out of the garage....I looked around the corner..."OMG GABE!!!!...go look, I don't know what it is but all I see is a tail"

Gabe:  He walks out and peeks around the corner and immediately starts walking me back inside "hurry up get back in side!"  All he could see were claws!!

WE ran into the living room and looked out our front window...a HAWK had flew into our window...the middle to South part of the middle window....knocked its happy ass to the North side of our porch!  We watched him manage to get back on his feet...shake his head and wobble back and forth.  If the bird could talk...."what?, I'm good...I'm good....just gonna stand here...check out the scene"  He sat there for 45 minutes!!!!!  Azzi was about to have a cow but Gabe wouldn't let her out there because she would have had her eyeballs clawed out!  This was insane!  We initially thought it was a Prairie Hawk but Gabe now thinks its a Longwinged Hawk or something like that.  Check out the video of Gabe trying to catch this bird with a Rubbermaid container!!....Yes he was gonna trap it in a Rubbermaid and release it in the country.  All I can picture is the bird escaping in the Jeep and there ya have it folks....Gabe and Mr. Hawk having a showdown in the Jeep!  He was honestly nervous which freaked me out even more!  Gabe vs. Hawk
Anyways...Gabe wanted to see if he could fly and the Hawk obviously managed to do so.  That bird sat in that exact same spot from 1-6:15ish.  When I checked at 7:45pm, it was gone.

The kids managed to stay entertained on this rainy afternoon.  They played anything from puzzles to trains to watching a DVD to reading books etc.  Graham developed a new way of "sledding"...check out the Video.

Kamryn continues to perfect her animal noises.  She has the "monkey" down!  It is hilarious!  While she played with her "Noah's Ark" puzzle type game, she started making monkey noises....I asked her to do it again and then I let the camera roll....Kamryn Monkey.

Oh my what a day...the journey will continue tomorrow :)
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment