Saturday, November 19, 2011

1: Unintentional " bragging "

I have been (we have been) extremely blessed to have two healthy, beautiful, and active kids.  Graham is turning into a "Little Einstein" slash "comical character."  He is very observant and does not forget much.  Early on, we discovered his desire to learn and his ability to recall detail.  I absolutely love to learn and I feel Graham is the same way.  At 18 months, I began working with Graham on the alphabet.  By 20 months he was able to identify every letter in the alphabet.  His ability to remember people's names absolutely blows me away!  He calls our friends, his friends, my parent's friends, etc. by their first names.  Since Graham catches on so quickly to new material, I try to challenge him consistanly otherwise he gets bored.  Like most toddlers, when he is bored, he is trying to stir up some trouble!  I decided to start teaching him the 50 States by using a map.  We have worked on them for one week and he knows 29 states thus far! (he is 27 months old) I am not trying to brag on my son...actually more than anything, I am using this tool as a journal for him to read some day...I want this to be a way he can look back on his progress and hear stories about his developing character.
The same will hold true for our daughter Kamryn (4 1/2 months).  She is babbling constantly...rolling over...and smiling!  We have been so spoiled with Kamryn as she has slept through the night since 8 weeks old...has been extremely laid back and very healthy.  We are looking forward to seeing her develop into her own person!
I have been posting Graham's "Quote of the Day" on Facebook and have had requests for a blog.  I liked the idea and am going to give it a whirl.

Graham's Quote of the Day:
Tonight, moments prior to getting ready for bed, Graham waived to me real big with his pumpkin basket over his shoulder and said, "Good BYE!  I'm going to work...going trick or treating at Uncle Jared's!  See you later!...Uh oh, gotta find my keys right?...so I can honk at you!  Good night!"

I will continue to post his quotes as often as I possibly can.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment