Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years!

We have had a good weekend thus far as Gabe's parents are here visiting.  Last night we celebrated Christmas with them.  Today we all hung out.  I had basketball practice early this morning.  Gabe and Glen went and ran errands while I was gone.  When they came back,  we had lunch and then Susie and I went and did a little shopping downtown.  Graham has been busy all day playing with all the toys he has acquired from Christmas.  Kamryn is now running circles in her walk around toy.  Needless to say, they are both busy little bees.

Graham plays his drums and his guitar all the time!  It is hard telling, at this age, what a child is going to be interested in as they grow.  Right now, Graham is so interested in music and puzzles.  Of course he loves playing with his trains and his tool workshop but he really enjoys his music.  When songs play on the radio, he will comment on what instrument he hears.  "Do you hear the drums mommy?  Do you hear the piano mommy?"
A couple weeks ago, I checked out a 51 piece USA Map puzzle that says it is for 6 years and older.  I got it anyways because Graham likes to be challenged.  After putting the puzzle together with him about 3 times, he can now put it together by himself.  He knows almost all the states as you have to in order to piece that puzzle together because it's not a jigsaw puzzle...it is the states cut out as they are.  I am losing my mind/memory but as I sit here and type, I think I remember posting a story about this puzzle in my previous post...oh well, just go with the flow.

Tonight, just before bed, and after Grandpa Glen read Graham the stories "Oh the Places You Will Go" and "Twas the Night Before Christmas" I said, Graham lets say our prayers.

He helped me with the sign of the cross prayer then said "Bless us..."  (like he was going to say the before meal prayer and then forgot what came next) "for the sick..."  I asked, should we pray for all the little boys and girls out there who don't have mommy's and daddy's and for those kids who did not have gifts to open for Christmas?  He said, "thank you mommy for the paper.  thank you mommy for mickey mouse." ( I was coloring his Mickey Mouse coloring book with him today)

I went down a list of things and people to pray for and I asked Graham if we should pray for Grandma Susie since she wasn't feeling well and had a headache....his response "you get Grandma Susie a bandaide?"  His response made me smile :)

Not a day goes by but what I don't thank God for giving us two healthy kids.  We are so fortunate to have the opportunity to raise a boy and a girl!  Watching them grow each day is the most amazing experience of my lifetime thus far.  Everyday, I see life come full circle...things that my mom and dad used to say and do make alot more sense to me now then they used to.  Traditions my parents established in our family have inspired me to have traditions of our own.  I am not a big baker but every year at Christmas, I bake 4 dozen mint peanut butter cookies.  This year, I had Graham help me bake them and we had so much fun together!  He LOVED helping!  He pulled a chair up to the counter and followed instructions that I gave him.  Graham stirred all the dry ingredients and unwrapped all the peppermint patties.  When I was done mixing the batter, I let him lick the beaters...he kept trying to lick peanut butter off of anything he could :)  How could I blame him when I wanted to do the same thing?!  We spilled flour, had chocolatey hands, but that was all part of the fun.  I look forward to doing this with Kamryn also!  My kids have resurrected my attention to all the joy that such little things can bring to life.  I am so thankful and so blessed to be a mother......to be a wife to a loving husband and good father.  I could go on and on and on but I will stop here for the night.  Happy New Years...may 2012 bring great experiences and memories...as the journey continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment