Monday, December 12, 2011

Contains some Ranting...

It has been awhile since I have posted.  Trust me, I have not had any lack of subject matter to discuss, just haven't found the time I need to blog about these experiences.
As I sit here and type, I have my laundry all caught up, house totally cleaned and picked up, toys are all in their place, a weeks worth of meals all in the freezer, grocery shopping done, bottles cleaned, kids are snuggled in their beds for their afternoon naps, hair and make up are done, and I am dressed and ready to go whenever I need to.  OH WAIT, sorry, I am getting really good at typing in my sleep!  Sorry, I was dreaming.
I'm almost positive we had a tornado on Tombo Ct last night....my house is a disaster, our master bedroom is where the tornado started it's destruction...laundry is going, the mailman just delivered me 3x as many bills then Christmas cards, Graham is not staying in his bed....every time I walk in there to check on him he is sitting in a new spot and hurries to either put a blanket over his head or covers his eyes with his forearm b/c by golly when he does that, I have no flippin' idea where he is...cough cough.  Kamryn, bless her heart, is actually sleeping....probably will be until Graham drops his steering wheel/ dashboard like musical toy on her head like he did the other day...and then of course she woke up screaming.  Hell I would too if it felt like I was sleeping and the sky was falling!  I still haven't showered, put make up on, or changed my clothes since my workout this morning that ended at 10am....at least I started the day wearing clean underpants...that has to count for something!  We cleaned our carpet in the living room last night...looked so good!  On my way out to the kitchen this morning, I stepped on a wet spot, which consisted of Azzi's potty....my mother in law had cleaned up most of it by the time I got out there, so that was nice :)

Anyways....on with the non-ranting (improper English I know) portion of this post.  Kamryn is getting to the stage where she loves to laugh.  Baby laughter is one of the most innocent, enjoyable sounds I believe and I love it!  She is not crawling yet but getting there...right now she rolls to wherever she wants to go. 

Mr. Graham has kind been a little mouthy the past week.  He is very much into figuring out independence.  I am told this is normal so I will try to go with the flow for now.  Yesterday when Gabe's parents were here, Graham was trying to play with a remote control dumptruck.  The truck kept spinning in circles and it doesn't respond well to the remote so Grandpa Glen asked Graham to bring him the truck so he could try to fix it.  Graham hands Glen the truck while it is still running and Glen asks,
" Graham how did you turn this thing on?"
  Graham looks at him and says,
"with my fingers!"  
LOL true, but I think he wanted to know where the power button was located :)

Prior to the arrival of my inlaws, I had taken the kids to Wal-Mart so we could get a few things for meals and such.  As usual, Wal-Mart was busy.  I was pushing both kids in the cart and there were people in front of us...I had told Graham we were going to have to hurry (I knew we were pushing nap times)...so what does he do?  He says,
"EXCUSE ME!  EXCUSE US...They are blocking our path, right mommy?!?" 
For heaven sakes, I darted to the next aisle.  He was totally correct but didn't need to be so vocal about it...at least he was polite :)

Last week, I hurt my back while lifting...embarrassing to admit since I teach people how to lift and haven't had an injury with my clients in my 6 year career as a trainer....then I get hurt, but anyways whatever....so I took the week off.  We went to the Y this morning and I was so excited to exercise again!  I promised Graham that we would go to the library after my workout.  After I finished, I picked him up from Toddler Time, had Kamryn in her carseat, and we walked across the parking lot to the library.  I make it a point to remind Graham that he needs to use his quiet voice in the library but we know how that usually goes.  We get in there and he took off running towards the toy checkout department.  I told him he could pick out one thing but that was it b/c we needed to return the puzzle he already has checked out.  He kept pulling boxes off the shelf and taking the toys out of the box (which there is a sign saying PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE TOYS FROM BOXES IN THE LIBRARY!").  I am trying to be somewhat discrete and telling him to stop and that we needed to go.  Well I have an idea, I will give him the library card so he can check the books out himself...he usually gets a kick out of giving the librarian the card...so he marches up to the counter, gives her the card, stands there for a second then runs off....meanwhile, Kamryn is getting vocal, I'm trying to find her "plug", I am trying to hurry b/c I know Graham likes to press the handicap button which opens the door heading out to the parking lot......I get the library book and new puzzle he picked out in one hand, and I get Kamryn/carseat in the other, and then I look over towards the door b/c I heard some noise, and it was Graham...he was trying to pull the fire alarm!!!!!!!!!!  Not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR TIMES!  The librarian is still trying to talk with me, I take off running and by this time, this mama isn't using her quiet voice either! 
"Graham Wesley!! get back here!" 
He curls up in the fetal position on the floor and won't move!  So I have to almost drag him out of the corner so he would stand up....and then we left!  EVERYTHING IS AN ADVENTURE!   Lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment