Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Princess

Graham is still going through a stage of trying to figure out independence.  He likes to disagree with me and tell me what he is going to do.

This morning, Graham woke up in a good mood....I told him we needed to change his diaper, so we did.  I got a shirt for him and helped him put it on.  It was a long sleeve shirt, which seemed reasonable to me since there was snow on the ground...ya know a little chilly outside.  After he had his shirt on he started freaking out on me and said he wanted the shirt off.  I insisted that he would still live if he wore long sleeves and eventually he decided the shirt I had picked was good.  Now on to the pants.

Me:  Graham, do you want to wear sweatpants or jeans?
G: I don't want to wear jeans.
Me:  Ok, we'll put on your sweatpants.
G:  I don't want to wear sweatpants...I have my "banquet" (blanket)...see mommy...

With his blanket draped under his armpits and around his body he says:
G:  "I'm a Princess!"

Immediately, I thought, oh dear and said, "How about a King?"

G: Nope, I'm a princess.

And the journey continues......

No comments:

Post a Comment