Saturday, December 3, 2011

8: Graphic details of a disasterous week...FYI before you read...

It has been a few days since I last posted.  We have had a crazy week at the Prescott Palace!  Monday, I went to the YMCA and dropped Graham off at Toddler Time.  I was 5 minutes into my CrossFit class when a lady came running downstairs to inform me that Graham had just thrown up.  Nice.  So I left Kamryn in CF class and ran upstairs.  I walked into the play area and Graham came running up to me and said,
"I dribbled mommy." 
 I said, Graham I am afraid you did a little more than just 'dribble.'  He was in a good mood and acted fine but I had to take him home.  So we went down and got Kamryn, loaded up, and drove back home.  The next couple of days Graham had issues with "the other end."  Kamryn maybe got a touch of it but seemed fine.  She is still smiling and being her content self.  Last night, when I got home from our first basketball game, Gabe informed me that Kamryn had "spit up" and made a big mess.  I never thought much about it...big deal.  She spit up.  Today we were invited to a birthday party for one of Graham's friends.  After we arrived, I decided to feed Kamryn.  She wasn't eating much at all which is unusual but I figured she was distracted with all the noise and just wasn't interested.  As I sat there holding her and visiting with a friend, Kamryn threw up more than I ever thought possible from a little one that size!  It was EVERYWHERE!  Kamryn's reaction...well she had a  look on her face like, this is nasty mom, then she smiled as I changed her clothes.  When she has no temperature...doesn't fuss...how am I supposed to know she is sick?!?!  So Gabe's version of "spit up" should have been explained as "throw up."  After he saw what she did he told me that was what he was talking about last night...well crap Gabriel!  Spit up does NOT require 2 bath towels, a burp rag, and a bag of baby wipes in the clean up process!  Not to mention a clean set of clothes for both Kamryn and myself!
After we got home from the party, Graham played a little bit then went into hiding...I could hear a little grunt and then I saw him....he saw me...so he covered his eyes (which makes him feel like he cannot be seen!) and poohed his pants.  As I changed him he said,
"those are rolling poop balls, right?!" 
For heaven sakes!  I had to laugh and said, sure.  Sorry for the nasty details!  I was just excited that he had a "solid" performance ;)  If you know what I mean :)  Hopefully my next post is not so graphic.....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment